What is DK Laptop loan?
It’s a loan for IT students under the Royal University of Bhutan to buy laptop for their studies.
It is an interest-free loan as His Majesty’s Kidu, and students will only have to start their repayment 2 years after graduation.
Who is eligible for DK Laptop loan?
Eligible applicants should:
– be at-least 18 years of age
– be a student studying IT in a college under the Royal University of Bhutan
– not be in their last year of studies
– should have downloaded and registered on DK App
If you fulfill the above criteria and need help with loan application, please call 8888.
What documents are required?
No documents are required to apply for this loan.
How much is the interest rate for DK Laptop Loan?
As His Majesty’s Kidu, you will not have to pay any interest for the DK Laptop Loan.
Do I need a guarantor?
You do not need a guarantor for the DK Laptop loan.
When will I start paying back my loan?
You need to start repaying your loan 2 years after:
– dropping out of college
– switching to a new college that is not under the Royal University of Bhutan.
What if I want to cancel my loan after my loan is approved?
You cannot cancel your loan after you have collected your laptop.
If your loan is approved but you have not collected your laptop, please call 8888 for loan cancellation.
What if I changed my college or dropped out of college before graduation?
If you are switching to another college, please inform us of the change immediately by calling 8888.
After applying for DK Laptop Loan, when can I go to get the laptop from Royal University of Bhutan?
Please refer to the notification sent in your DK app to check the laptop collection details.
Is it possible to transfer the laptop loan?
Your DK Laptop Loan is non-transferrable.
What does my Laptop Warranty covers?
Your laptop warranty will cover the following
– Manufacturing defects with the Acer Laptop.
– Warranty will be components level replacement.
– Warranty Period 3 years
– Warranty does not cover physical damage. It will be chargeable as per the market price.
– Batteries and Adaptors will cover the warranty of One Year only.
What if I am financially comfortably and I want to clear the loan right away, in full amount?
Yes, you can clear loan at once if you are paying the amount in full.
What if i want to start paying monthly installment right away?
No, we don’t have that option. Your loan repayment start date will only start 2 years after graduation.
What is the laptop specification?
Genuine Windows 10 Home 64-bit
Acer TravelMate TMP214-53
Core i5 1135G7 processor
Intel Iris Graphics
14.0″ Full HD 1920 x 1080 with IPS Panel
- 1 USB 3.2 Gen 2 Type C Thunderbolt (TM) 4, 10Gbps, Display over USB C, USB charging 5V;3A, DC in port 20V;60W
- 3 USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type A [1 with power off charging]
3 years (1 year on battery and adapter)